Jordan Miedema is one of our live auctioneers here at Miedema Auctioneering. Jordan has been around the auction world for many years now, and recently we have sat down with him to talk about being an auctioneer.
How long have you been an auctioneer for Miedema Auctioneering?
- I started auctioneering in 2011.
What made you want to become an auctioneer?
- Growing up in the family business watching my Dad and uncle auctioneer and always working the live auctions since I was a kid.
Where did you go to Auctioneer School at?
- Reppert Auction School in Indianapolis Indiana.
What is your favorite aspect of being an auctioneer?
- Interacting with customers and helping families and clients out of tough situations. I like the excitement the auction brings and enjoy working as the auctioneer and in the ring.
What is the craziest item you have ever sold
- I get asked this question a lot, and I always have a tough time answering it. I think some of the expensive tractors are unique and I always find the old farm tools interesting as well.
Outside of being an auctioneer, what are your hobbies?
- I like to play basketball and softball in the summer and with hockey in the winter. I also enjoy hunting and boating with friends and family.