Jerry & Ed Poortenga Farm Equipment Auction
Wednesday, December 22, at 10:00 am EST
The Poortenga’s have decided to slow down after farming for over 50 years. We will be selling all of this farm equipment for Jerry and Ed at a live public auction at the farm in Jamestown, MI. Most of the equipment has been stored inside and is well maintained. Highlights include:JD 8300 MFWD, JD 4430, JD 4440, JD 9610 Combine, ’89 Kenworth Flattop Truck, Krause Excelerator 8000 20′ VT, JD 1760NT 8R30″ Planter & much more!
- Tuesday December 21- 9:00AM-4:00PM
- Auction Day 8:00AM
- By appointment
Removal Times/Failure To Remove:
- Auction day until 5pm
- Other Appointments Available by arrangement
- Small Forklift available on auction day
- Titled items will be charged 6% Michigan State Sales Tax. Titled vehicles will be charged Michigan State Sales Tax, unless you provide our office with a copy of a valid dealer’s license (NO EXCEPTIONS). For exemption from sales tax on agricultural items, buyers will need to sign an agricultural exemption statement. Michigan buyers can Download the form here
Buyers of Titled Vehicles:
- State regulations require that we broker all vehicles sold, therefore you must sign your paperwork in the auction office.
- A $125 title broker fee will be charged for paperwork. In addition, a $15 State of Michigan title application fee will be collected for the state of Michigan (Dealers are exempt from the title application fee ONLY).
- Miedema Auctioneering will then process your title. If you wish to plate your vehicle there will be an additional fee. Proof of insurance will need to be provided for buying a plate.
- Contact our Title Coordinator (Charlyn) at 616-261-4972 with questions or to finalize title processing after purchase.
- All items sell “AS IS, WHERE IS” with no warranty. There shall be no guarantees or warranties, expressed or implied, statutory or otherwise as to the merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose of any goods offered in this sale.
- Onsite buyers: 3% discount on Buyer’s Premium if paid by cash or check.
- Internet/Online buyers: 6% with a 3% discount on Buyer’s Premium when invoice is paid with cash, check or wire transfer
Payments are expected on the day of Auction. Types of payments accepted:
- Cashier’s check
- Credit Card: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, AMEX
- Checks: Personal & Business checks will be accepted at the auction company’s discretion. Checks will not be accepted from Buyer’s who reside outside of Michigan or drawn on a bank outside of Michigan.
- 3% Buyer’s Premium is added to the high bid. This 3% is waived if paid by cash or check (refer to restrictions for check payment).