- This event has passed.
Donald W. Theis Estate Auction – 200 Acres, Home and Outbuildings
February 28, 2019, at 6:00 pm EST
Farm Location:Donald W. Theis estate
- , 10565 W Price Road
- Fowler, MI 48835
Thursday, Feb 28 at 6PM – Real Estate Auction, Fowler/Westphalia. Located at 10565 W Price Road, Fowler, MI. Land and Home. This live auction will be held in order to help settle the Donald W. Theis estate. We will be selling appx 200 acres of land, a home with pole buildings, and a potential building site. Prime farm land and home all offered in parcels from 5 acres to 80 acres or in it’s entirety. No minimums No Reserves!Directions to the Farm: Located at 10565 W. Price Rd., Fowler, MI, East of the Village of Westphalia.
Directions to the Auction Site: Auction will be held at the Westphalia Township Hall, 13950 W. Pratt Rd., Westphalia, MI, just a few miles South of the Village of Westphalia.
Parcel 1: Home & Outbuildings on 4.9 Acres
Approximately 2300 SF 4BD & 2BA home built in 1910 and remodeled in 1987, the main floor has a kitchen, living room, dining area, and laundry room. The house has a 23×23 2 stall attached garage, and had a new furnace in 2015, new pressure tank and water heater in 2018. The shop barn is 80×35, has (2) 16’ overhead doors, 220v, oil pit, cement floors, insulated, propane hook up and has a hook up for heated floors. There is also a loft for storage. There is a lean to on the property for parking cars or equipment under. The middle barn is 65×35 and is a classic traditional Michigan barn in good shape with electric running through it, a hay loft, and the downstairs has concrete floor with
old stanchions and has a new two way motion light installed in 2018. The last barn is 65×35 and was redone on the inside in 2005. The last barn was used for hay, has electric, water, concrete floors, and 6 sliding doors (3 on each side). Both hip roof barns had new roofs and partial siding replaced in 2012. The home has propane, well and septic. Copper data lines are running to the house and the workshop building, they are internet ready and farm-wide wifi is viable with the current setup along with two landline phone connections.
Parcel 2: 20.5 Acres of Farmland or Potential Building Site Approximately 20.5 acres of farmland or nice potential building sites! Frontage on W. Price Rd. If this parcel sells separately the buyer will
need to put in a drive way to access off from Price Rd. Has the Morris Creek as its border on the South & East. This parcel was enrolled in the USDA water conservation program with filter strips along Morris Creek no longer an active member as of 2018. Nice parcel for farming or building, or both! Owner was told that this parcel was tiled may years ago. No tile maps are available.
Parcel 3: 95 Acres of Prime Farmland Approximately 95 acres of prime farmland. Frontage on W. Price Rd. There are 12-13 acres of woods on Southwest corner. Has Morris Creek as its border on Northwest side. This parcel was enrolled in the USDA water conservation program with filter strips along Morris Creek no longer an active member as of 2018. Owner was told that this parcel was tiled may years ago. No tile maps are available. Previously it has been enrolled in land conservation program which required farming in accordance with USDA guidelines. It no longer is enrolled in the conservation program. Currently the woods has valuable timber that could be harvested while still leaving enough timber for good hunting.
Parcel 4: 78 Acres of Farmland Approximately 78 acre parcel of farmland. Owner was told this parcel was tiled by Gene Platte in the more recent past. Owner has not been able to find any tile maps. Good producing soil. Located on the Northwest corner of W. Price Rd. and S. Wright Rd. Frontage on both roads. There is also a small portion of Thelen creek that runs along the Northwest corner which was enrolled in the USDA water conservation program with filter strips along the Thelen Creek. no longer an active member as 2018
**Note: Online Bidding available to pre-approved bidders. Please contact Donna by February 21 if you are interested in bidding online at 616-389-6440.
- Tues., Feb. 19 & Sat., Feb. 23 from 1pm-3pm. You can walk the vacant
land anytime, but the home & buildings will only be available for
inspection during the open house times.
- Begins at 5PM. Auction Location: Westphalia Township Hall at 13950 W. Pratt Rd., Westphalia, MI
Deposit for Real Estate:
- 10% of the successful bid price is required at the auction by good check, cash or cashier’s check. This deposit is NOT refundable if the buyer does not carry through with the purchase. Your bidding is not conditional upon financing, so be sure you have arranged financing if needed or are capable of paying cash at the closing.
- The terms and conditions of this auction will be governed by the contract for the sale of Real Estate (herein called the buy/sell). The following terms are a summary provided for the convenience of the bidder. The buy/sell is available in the bidder’s packet and should be reviewed prior to the auction. All properties sell “AS IS WHERE IS” with no warranties of any type expressed or implied as to the merchantability, usability,fitness for a particular purpose, or any matter of whatsoever type of nature. Any improvements, which must be made, are the responsibility of the purchaser. All information advertised or states was derived from sources believed correct but is not guaranteed. All property dimensions are only approximations. Buyers shall rely entirely on their own information, judgment and inspection of the property and record. The real estate will be sold free and clear of all the liens. The property will however be sold subject to any easements and building and use restrictions of record. Any announcements made at the auction site take precedence over printed material. A 3% Buyers Premium will be added to the high bid.
- Balance of purchase price due at the closing. The seller will pay taxes and assessments due on or before the auction. Possession for the house and buildings will be granted after March 24, 2019. Possession on the vacant land will be granted at closing. Seller shall provide an owners title insurance policy in the amount of the purchase price. Closings will be held at a local title company. Closing fees of approx. $450 will be divided evenly between the buyer and the seller. Buyer’s Note: If you are the successful bidder, you must go to the closing table to sign all the purchase agreements immediately following the conclusion of the auction. At that time, your check will be endorsed as a non-refundable deposit on the property. Individual purchases are to be considered as singular transactions, not contingent on any other purchases of properties on the auction. The ability to obtain financing is NOT a contingency of the sale. The auction will be conducted at the sole discretion of the auctioneer and any bids may be recognized at their discretion.
- New data, corrections or changes could be made after the printing of this brochure. Please arrive prior to the start of the auction to inspect and consider any information and changes.
- Complete bidder’s packets including copies of the buy/sell agreements, Soil information, Title Commitments, etc. and will be available by calling to request a packet to be mailed at 1-800-527-8243 or visit our website at MiedemaAuctioneering.com.